Monday, March 21, 2011

Rainbow Chard


The other day, as I walked into the Noe Valley Whole Foods, I decided I would take a step away from my usual purchases.  Not long after, I encountered the eye-catching and vivid red, pink and orange stalks of Rainbow Chard.  

I had never seen such beautiful colors of this leafy green before, and was instantly intrigued.  Wondering what to do with this fibrous vegetable, I consulted the Whole Foods Market blog, titled Whole Story.  Here's a link to one of their posts that's focused on providing easy methods of increasing our daily leafy green consumption.

I'll add a new post and recipe once I've sautéed these vibrant beauties, but for now, here's just a couple of photos to get your mouth watering.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A teabag for thoughts...