Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sautéed Rainbow Chard



Finally, I’ve sautéed my vibrant greens!  Rainbow chard turned out much more mild than I expected, having heard that it was quite bitter prior to my attempt to create a flavorful side dish.  Here’s a loose recipe for what I created.  


Ingredients:
1 bunch rainbow chard
1/2 can black eyed peas
olive oil (approximately 1 tbsp)
balsamic or apple cider vinegar to taste
1/4-1/3 cup water or vegetable broth
salt & pepper to taste

Method:
1) Chop chard, separating stalks from leaves
2) Saute stalks in olive oil over medium-high until tender
3) Add water or vegetable broth and leaves
4) Lower heat to medium-low, allow leaves to wilt and liquid to                                     
   evaporate
5) Combine with black eyed peas
6) Add vinegar, salt, pepper and any other spices to taste


No comments:

Post a Comment

A teabag for thoughts...