Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oven-dried blueberries

In light of my recent creation of yummy granola, I've decided to make another batch (sometime in the near future).  Of course, always using the same fruits, nuts and sweeteners could make the consumption of granola a bit monotonous; so I wanted to try my hand at making oven-dried blueberries.  For my attempt, I chose to use the smallest, least sweet and juicy blueberries I could since honey is used to sweeten them anyway.  I also cut the recipe, using only 1/3 cup of blueberries and ended up leaving them in the oven for 3 and a half hours (oops!).  In the end, they still turned out better than I had expected.  


Ingredients:
1 cup blueberries
1 tsp honey
Method:
1) Mix blueberries and honey in small bowl
2) Preheat oven to 225F and bake on lined baking sheet for 2 hours, 
   or until fruit has shriveled slightly

No comments:

Post a Comment

A teabag for thoughts...