Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chicken parmesan {with crispy gnocchi}

Have you ever fallen in love with the idea of a dish, but haven’t found the perfect version at a restaurant?  Well, this is the case with me... and Chicken Parmesan.


It wasn’t until I came across this recipe, that I truly fell head-over-heels for this chicken dish that incorporates tomato sauce from scratch along with Parmesan, Pecorino Romano and Mozzarella cheeses.  As I have in the past, I decided to simply refer to the recipe as a guideline, using a handful or two of cheeses where desired rather than specific measures. 


Due to time (and ingredient) constraints, I didn’t have the chance to make pesto myself, so I used some that had been freshly made at the Whole Foods Market, along with packaged fresh gnocchi.  For my gnocchi, instead of dropping the small lumps of dough into boiling water for 30 seconds, I decided to try something new: crisping them up, for about a minute per side, in a pan with olive oil.  I then seasoned the gnocchi with salt and pepper, and combined with two spoonfuls of pesto... Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment

A teabag for thoughts...