Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fresh raspberries (and what to do with them)

Sorry I have been MIA for a while.  Exploring new foods, spending time with family and becoming woefully sick for over a week this summer are a couple of obstacles that have prevented me from editing photos in photoshop and keeping you up-to-date with my oh so exciting life.  I have to admit, other times, I find myself so busy that inspiration is hard to come across... but not right now, thankfully.  




After venturing out into the wild, otherwise know as my weed-infested back yard which has only recently become hospitable to the human race (thanks to my diligent mother whose visit to San Francisco involved ripping 5 and 6 foot weeds up from their homes), I suddenly realized that some of our raspberries were ripe.  
Working with the ingredients I had at home, I decided to make myself a little treat.  I had just about a large handful of plump and juicy raspberries, one ripe Meyer Lemon from our backyard tree, heavy cream, powdered sugar and a couple of semi-sweet chocolate squares.  
Whipping the heavy cream with an electric mixer until fluffy, I began adding powdered sugar until lightly sweet, along with some lemon zest and a pinch of juice for an added citrus tang.  Meanwhile, I melted a one ounce square of chocolate with whipping cream until smooth.  Pouring both of these mixtures on top of the cool and juicy raspberries, I had a quick, delicious and convenient little dessert.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A teabag for thoughts...