Sunday, February 20, 2011

Yummy hummus

First of all, who doesn’t love hummus?  It’s a simple comfort, rich and creamy; yet the subtle flavors have such depth. 

I came across Love and Hummus the other day as I began an online quest for local organizations involved in the cultivation, preparation and marketing of food.  One of these organizations, La Cocina, is San Francisco’s first incubator kitchen whose mission is to aid low-income food entrepreneurs in growing their businesses.

I soon discovered that Love and Hummus was one of these establishments and yearned to taste their product.  As I walked into Whole Foods the next day I caught a glimpse of their four flavors of hummus encapsulated in colorful and adorable packaging.  I knew then that I had to try some.  




So I finally decided to purchase the Roasted Lemon & Thyme Hummus.  Though on its own, it was quite lemony and tart, it tasted great with some fresh veggies {yellow bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and carrots}, olive oil, and feta cheese.




Their other flavors include Classic Hummus, Spicy Harissa Hummus and Caramelized Garlic Hummus.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

A teabag for thoughts...